by Caitlin Shannon, Student Life & Arts Editor
It’s impossible to live on campus without your Drew ID card between getting into buildings, buying coffee and swiping in to eat at the Commons. Everyone knows that your Drew ID is your ticket to life in The Forest, but what can your ID get you outside of the 183 acre campus that we call home? Even when you leave campus your ID card is important to have with you if you wanna save some money. Whether in Madison, at the Short Hills Mall or online your Drew ID can score you some deals and save you some cash.
- Dunkin Donuts: Present your ID when you order at Dunkin Donuts in Madison and get a 10% student discount on your coffee.
- Madison Pharmacy: Got a cold? You can get a 10% student discount at The Madison Pharmacy and get your medications delivered to campus for free.
- Nautilus Diner: Show your ID and get 10% off your meal. Perfect for those Saturday nights when you’re really craving some disco fries but your bank account is running low.
- Chipotle: Craving something other than Commons? Show your ID when getting your burrito and get a fountain drink for free!
- Burger King: Fill your fry fix and save 10% at the same time when you show your student ID.
- Goodwill: Going to the Thrift Store with $20 in your pocket? Well make those $20 stretch a little farther by showing your student ID and getting 10% off, or 20% off if you go on Tuesdays.
- H&M: Need a new going out outfit? Head to H&M to get 15% off your entire in-store purchase. Even better, bring in a bag of clothes to donate and you’ll also get a discount.
- J. Crew: Looking for some new business clothes before heading off to the UN or Wall Street semester? Make sure to hit up J. Crew and show your ID for 15% off your purchase.
- Urban Outfitters: Get some trendy threads and get a discount of 10%
- Amazon Prime: Get 6 months of Amazon Prime free when you sign up with your school email address. Although after 6 months you’ll have to pay the full fee, it’s definitely worth it.
- Spotify: Sign up for Spotify with your school email address and get half off the price for Spotify Premium.
- The New York Times: Drew offers students a free subscription to The New York Times. Keep up to date with news (in addition to reading The Acorn of course).
- The Museum of Early Trades and Crafts: The local museum offers free admission to Drew students. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon procrastinating your homework.
- The Shakespeare Theatre: The New Jersey Shakespeare Theatre right here on Drew’s campus offers severely discounted tickets for their professional shows. You can also buy $2 tickets for Drew Forum Speakers at their Box Office.
- The Concert Hall: The Concert Hall in the DOYO offers free student rush tickets to world class concerts right here on campus. Go to the box office 45 minutes before each concert starts to claim your free tickets.
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden: A great way to spend an afternoon in the city while enjoying the beauty of nature. Present your student ID and get $8 admission to this awe-inspiring green space.
- Museum of Modern Art: Although not technically a student discount, MOMA offers free museum admission on Fridays from 4pm-8pm.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Although the student price is $12, admission is technically a “pay as you wish” donation which means you could get in for $1.