About

Brief History 

The Drew Acorn is a student-run newspaper that covers Drew University’s news, student life and arts, opinions and sports. It was founded in 1928 as newsletter for the College of Liberal Arts with a main office in the second floor of Brothers College. During the early 1940s, the newspaper had a staff of about 40 students, a relatively large number given that the College of Liberal Arts had a total of about 200 students at the time. With a growth in student body, the newspaper moved to Mead Hall in the 1950s and later to the University Center where it remains. Since its establishment, The Acorn has tremendously grown from a two-sided newsletter printed biweekly, to a hand drawn magazine 18-32 pages long and finally to a 12-page newspaper. Until recently, the newspaper printed weekly issues.

Executive Staff

Keven Munoz (’22), Co-Editor in Chief

Olivia Yepez (’22), Co-Editor in Chief

Editorial Staff

Lauren Reduzzi (’23), News Editor

Angelia Lobifaro (’25), Assistant News Editor

Jamie Connors (’23), Student Life & Arts Editor

Nicole Sydor (’25), Opinions Editor

Mary Laut (’22), Co-Sports Editor

Jackson Lydon (’24), Co-Sports Editor

Kelly Notine (’22), Copy Desk Chief

Photography Staff

Elizabeth Blank, Co-Chief Photographer

Adam Smith, Co-Chief Photographer

To learn more about the Acorn’s history, click here.

%d bloggers like this: